Tuesday, December 23, 2008

#$@%&*!

I am starting out another day in the Portland airport bright and early. I got here at 5:15 am after crashing in my friend Kate's room at the Sheraton. My bag apparently made it on a 5:30 am flight to Newark, but I unfortunately was not on that flight. I also will not be flying in to Newark I don't think. This is assuming I get out of here at all.

My spirits were pretty high yesterday despite the continual delaying of my flight. It wasn't until I had been in the airport for 12 hours and then they canceled the flight that I really lost it. I tried to find my bag, but the baggage claim area was a zoo, so I eventually gave up and called my friend Kate. She let me stay with her and she also was pretty miserable because she has been trying to get home for days. A shower and some food made the outlook a little brighter, but I don't think I'll be ok until I'm actually home. Hopefully today is that day.

I have three flights today, one to JFK via San Francisco, one to LaGuardia via Denver and one staight through to Newark. My plan is to try for the earliest one because getting out of Portland seems wise.

Yuck.

I hate this city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow I can't believe you actually came close to almost using letters that might be in the order to use a swear word. must be REALLY REALLY pissed 8 )

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll make it without any hitches along the way, and i'm sure everybody else's thoughts are with you...

good luck!!

Elizabeth said...

i hate portland too. or at least the airport there. at least you are almost home as i write this. just a few more hours!!!