Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Currently reading: Seeds of Hope, Six minute reflections for Advent

Yesterday was our first real snowfall of the winter, and boy is it cold here in Yakima. The weather for today is 2 degrees. Needless to say, I am relatively miserable. But it is really pretty, and I did get to mass and back successfully, which was good. I should hopefully be a decent snow driver by the time I leave Yakima. It snows a lot during the winters here. I was more than a little surprised that they haven't plowed or anything yet.

I went and got my stitches out yesterday, which was a relief. I still have to keep the hand clean and dry, but hopefully it will heal quickly. Kudos to those who got the "Babe" reference in the last entry's title. It was far from a tragic day and not serious at all, but I thought it was funny.

Our community has hosted two large dinner parties in the last two weeks, and while it has made us keep our house spectacularly clean, it has also been a huge headache. I'm glad that this week we have few parties, but none here, so we can relax a little more. I can't believe how close Christmas is! This time next week, I'll be in New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (In case you can't tell, I am more than a little excited about this.)

I may or may not be dancing at the middle school drama class performance tomorrow, which could be interesting. The drama teacher has decided that I am wonderful and amazing and she is determined to get me involved in theatre here in town. While I would love to do some acting or dancing or singing, I also know that teaching takes a lot of time. But it's still funny to me how she is resorting to writing me into "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" which my seventh graders are performing.

Hopefully I will see you all soon soon soon!

2 comments:

K.M. Camiolo said...

How is she writing you in?

Are You a Dancing Who?

Genna was Very Impressed that you needed your dancing shoes!

And Rosie told me she wants to do tap so she can be a Rockette, she couldn't remember what "those girls who dance on tv at the parade" were called, but I knew! : )

SEE YOU SO VERY VERY SOON!!!!!!!!!
peace,
k

Elizabeth said...

YAY FOR EMILY BEING IN NEW JERSEY!!! (soon) i cannot wait!!!