Monday, December 8, 2008

A Tragic Day

Currently Reading: Where's God When It Hurts? The Lamb's High Feast

So I just got home from the program's winter retreat. We spent the weekend in the mountains near White Pass, and last night it snowed a few inches up there. We had beautiful weather and a great time. The retreat was a good opportunity to reconnect with some of the people I haven't seen since this summer and also to just get away from school for a little bit.

Our community was the host community for the weekend, so there was a lot of planning to be done on our end of things. We had to cook dinner for about thirty people on Friday and it went surprisingly well. We had three different kinds of soups and some salads, and everyone seemed to really enjoy the food.

Unfortunately, in preparing said soups, I had a disagreement with the knife I was using to carve a pumpkin. I wanted the knife to cut apart a piece of the pumpkin, but the knife preferred my left thumb. After it wouldn't stop bleeding for two hours, I had to go to the hospital to get stitches. It was my first hospital visit since I was born, and while it was smooth and the people were nice, it's not an experience I would like to repeat. So for the next ten days I have to keep my left thumb dry and protected until I can get the stitches out. It is currently very difficult and very painful to write anything. School should be interesting.

Only two weeks til I come HOME!

3 comments:

Anne Appert said...

its not even two weeks. :) 12 days!!! hooray!!!!

Elizabeth said...

i'm very sorry about your thumb. that is so sad :( i must say thought that when i read the title it reminded me of the little mice in babe that announce the chapters. and i had to laugh a little. :) I don't know if that was on purpose or not but that is what I thought of. Can't wait until you come home!!!!!

K.M. Camiolo said...

Merely a Flesh Wound!!

the moral of the story is...call Meg next time, not me!

see you SOON!!!!!

peace,
k