Saturday, March 14, 2009

Seven Drunken Nights

It has been a doozy of a week, and this weekend is really really busy, which is exciting, but at the same time slightly overwhelming. Last night we went to a friends house for a pre-St. Paddy's Day celebration with a lot of former PACErs, and a good time was had by all. Everyone had to have a talent to perform, and the PACE house represented in style with some traditional Irish step dancing. I knew those 8 years of competitive dancing would come in handy someday. We finished off the talent section with a rousing rendition of the timeless classic "Seven Drunken Nights" which immediately made me think of Crystal E. Moran, my favorite Irish ex-roommate. Then we ended the evening with "Danny Boy" which I had to lead because I was the only one who knew the tune well enough.

Today we had a 6k fun run at Steve's school, and I ran 3.5 of the 4 miles, which made me immensely proud of myself. I've just been notified of a possible conflict with the half-marathon, so I'm trying to work that out and not be annoyed with PACE right now, especially because my 100 dollar registration is non-refundable. So all my praying friends out there, please keep this in your prayers, as I am really upset about the possibility of not doing this race.

Tonight is a gala at LaSalle, and I have cute black dress to wear and lots of friends who will be there. I'm really excited about the whole thing. I really like all the former PACErs who are in town right now. They are a lot of fun to hang out with, and they are all incredible story tellers. Last night most of them told a story as their talent and I laughed so hard that I cried.

Will update as I know more about the race situation. If you want to donate, here's the link:
http://www.active.com/donate/nfseattle2009/EAppert

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love that you use my middle initial. my name is pretty incomplete without it.