Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Good Day for a Parade

So every March 4th, my dad makes the same jokes about having a parade to "march forth" and nobody gets what he is saying. I made some comment about it to my students the other day and they looked at me like I had grown two heads. Then, after much explaining, they "got" it, and I think it only convinced them even more of what a major dork I am.

But things are sailing along in the wonderful world of St. Joe's. We've started fundraising again, this time via a Jog-a-thon. I'm trying desperately to get my homeroom to step up their pledge getting game because I really want us to win something, especially this week's pizza party. Somehow I think the odds of this are slim, because we're currently in second-to-last place. I'm contemplating offering free homework passes to top fundraisers.

Things are looking up on the feeling like I belong in Yakima front. I've joined a bible study at church, found a spiritual director, been going to a lot of sporting events, and meeting new people. I am actually enjoying my time here these days. On Friday we are heading up to Spokane because Steve's basketball team made it to state! I'm excited to see a new city and the legendary Gonzaga University.

I can't wait to see you all at the end of the month!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's the best news I could have heard that you're feeling at home there 8 )

and yes...thanks to that joke you're kinda a dork, but that's ok we all like you anyway...

and honestly, who names their school gonzaga university??

Elizabeth said...

hehe. March forth. I've never actually heard dad say that i don't think. maybe i don't remember... :)

I'm glad you've found stuff to do out there besides school :)

ITS ALMOST TIME FOR YOUR VISIT!!! YAY!!!

Crystal said...

and we can't wait to see you!!!!!!!! i'm so excited!

K.M. Camiolo said...

hey...
thinking of you a ton. trying to get G's video up on facebook, Rosie & Phoebe are up.

The lady who won the guitar gave it to Genna.

!

so I have an extra autographed CD, thought maybe your wide-eyed MW fan would like it?

becoming incoherent with weariness, but thinking of you so much...

peace,
k