Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back from the weekend away

I am officially signed up for a half marathon in Seattle on June 27th. I may or may not have lost my mind a little. But, shameless plug, if you want to support me and the race for a cure for NF, here's my fundraising page:

http://www.active.com/donate/nfseattle2009/EAppert

I am running in honor of Genna and Rosie, my lovely talented nieces, who are superheroes in the battle against NF.

Aside from the obvious insanity of signing up for a race...people who know me know that I am not nor have I ever been, even remotely an athlete. I had a lovely time this weekend escaping from Yakima. Kristin and I stayed at a friend's apartment in the city and had a good time wandering around, doing a little shopping and braving the snowy and freezing elements. Steve's team won third in the state championships, which was amazing, especially because half the team had the flu and could barely stand without throwing up. It was fun to go to the game and then to take a tour of Steve's college days with him.

The next couple of weeks will be crazy, what with visits from the Dean of the School of Education at UP, our program director and instructional coach. I will be observed many times in the next 2 to 3 weeks, and I can't say that I'm really looking forward to it. It's a little intimidating. Also, this weekend is all the St. Patrick's Day festivities, including a 6K run, a party and a gala for Steve's school. I'm excited, but I also have to have enough "green" to wear for all these things. I have also promised my students that I will teach them to dance on St. Patrick's day, so I have to figure that out.

Only three more weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for reminding me of when st. patricks day is...

and that's a lot of running, are you training for it at all?? Just remember to be safe and bring a lot of water and walk if you have to, people can get seriously messed up if they don't...

awesom job on ranking when you're bogged down with disease!!

and I think you'll do fine as long as you treat the classes like they're normal classes, I think when people try to make them special is when they get all messed up, plus your students will probably be good as well cause the principal (or whoever of authority who will probably be wearing a suit) will be sitting right behind them ya know??

and you're going to teach them to dance?? that's awesom...

Elizabeth said...

I'm thinking of bringing my dance shoes to Tennessee, just in case there is some sort of St. Patrick's day something ever :)

Good Luck with all that evaluation stuff. I know you will do amazing.

only 3 more weeks!!!

K.M. Camiolo said...

thinking of you...
Iwon't be teaching anyone to dance on St.Patrick's Day! ; )

and hey...thanks for running...we will be lobbying for you once I am through our post-event yikes (and some flu I seem to have caught!)

peace,
k