Friday, February 13, 2009

Roses are Red

As much as some of the things we do at school drive me crazy, I am really happy at St. Joe's. Yesterday we packed the fourth through eighth graders into cars and buses and went to Skateland, a rollerskating rink near the school. Seriously, roller skating. Not roller blading. It was really phenomenal. I did my best to skate with the kids, but it was only me and one of the other teachers and the secretary that even attempted to join the kids. It was really funny to watch, especially the awkward couples skate. One of my boys asked me to couples skate with him, which obviously I did not do. I did skate around the rink a couple of times with him and the others though. I also had a dance party with my one student who was on crutches and couldn't partake in the merriment. Then, unfortunately, we had to go back to school and try to teach hyped up, tired out middle schoolers in the afternoon.

Did you know that teachers get the most valentines of any profession? Obviously, I teach seventh graders, so I didn't get quite the grand haul that my first grade teacher roommate did, but it was really cute some of the things the kids did for me. I have a really chintzy heart bracelet and a mug and some hand drawn cards which are my favorite. And while I have no plans for tomorrow, I've been told there is some sort of surprise coming my way, which is exciting.

Kristin and Kristin are out of town again this weekend, so it's looking like quality time for me and Steve again. We don't have school on Monday, which is nice, so I'll probably just be catching up on some grading and sleeping and do some work in my classroom this weekend. I also have some work sample stuff to do, and I'm surprisingly ahead of the game on that one.

I'm still enjoying Yakima...but I can't wait for spring break!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy v-tines day...

do you like steve??

well I mean i know you like steve, but do you LIKE steve, like like like steve ya know??