Saturday, January 17, 2009

Procrastination

I am becoming an expert at things to do when avoiding actual work. I would like to blame it on the fact that I have a terrible cold and feel like garbage, but to be completely honest, it is a talent I have developed and perfected as a teacher. This morning I deposited my paycheck and went to Fred Meyer to invest in cold supplies and toothpaste. That's been about the only useful thing I've done so far. Yesterday I came home from school and spent an hour and a half cooking a vegetable and chicken soup so I wouldn't have to grade papers. At least I can enjoy said soup while I sit on the couch watching You've Got Mail and pretending to work on coursework for UP.

Yesterday I got together with Sr. Alice, a Sister of Providence who works at the parish. It was really great to sit and talk to someone about spirituality for the first time in months. She gave me a really interesting book of poetry to read which I'm excited for, and we have plans to get together in two weeks. It was slightly awkward, but I think the first time you get together with anyone is like that.

So I'm going to attempt to get things done for this week. We have grades due, and I also have to start teaching my work sample materials in the next. Now if only I could breathe properly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lazy procrastination is "why do something for now when you can leave it for later"

true procrastination is "why leave something for later when you can avoid it all together"

both of which are good in my book