Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh, Yakima

So last weekend was a lot of fun, but I'm still tired from it. :) Kristin and I decided to go on a date because our other two roommates were out of town for the day on Saturday. So we got dressed up and went out dancing at a local sports bar. It was a pretty ghetto place...it was "ladies night" so we didn't have to pay to get in. It reminded me of frat parties where they let girls in but not boys. But we had a good time, and our friend Elizabeth came too, and we danced the night away.

This week at school has been going better than last week, but it's still kind of difficult to manage the kids. I don't like doling out punishments, but I have a bad feeling that I'll be giving some detentions by the end of the week. yuck. At least on Friday we have a half day and we have Monday off entirely, so I'll be working on getting my grades put together by the end of the week. double yuck.

Tonight I think Kristin and I are going on another date. Normally we all go to trivia on Wednesdays, but Steve has a game and kristin has to work on a paper, so it will just be me and Kristin H. this week. I hope we win.

I'm trying not to think about how much I wish I were in NJ.

2 comments:

K.M. Camiolo said...

hey.
It's REALLY cold here. Freakishly cold. Like the high on Friday is going to be 14...before the wind chill.
miss you a lot. Good luck laying down the law, I always hated the "back after vacation we mean business!" moments.

I don't really have anything good to say. Andrew got into Immaculata, top 20 percent of kids taking the test (which kind of surprised all of us, since he is laissez-faire to an extreme about school). Genna is working on some artistic creation (and talking to herself) and Rose is stalking Elizabeth with her bead kit in tow.

I have to do the bball drive tonight, ugh. It's 21 degrees. And I gave up chocolate for a month. Ugh.

hang in there. This isn't very sunny, is it? ; )
peace,
k
p.s. Subraps! a rhythmic ditty about a sandwich (aka the security word below). What do they call subs in Yakima? Do they have subs?

Anonymous said...

I literally cannot imagine you dancing at a bar during a 'ladies night' scenario. Like I know you CAN dance, but I wouldn't even recognize you on a dance floor, dancing with guys, and 'busting a move' (so to speak).

I wonder if you are going to end up making friends(-ish) with the kids you end up giving detention to. I remember I actually used to get pretty friendly with a few of the teachers that kept me after school a lot when I was in middle/highschool just cause we spent so much time together. I don't know if that is sorta positive reinforcement for the bad behavior (get in trouble make friends with teacher), but that's just sorta how it went.

If you dance during THIS date. Get some video so I can see what it looks like.