Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Joyful Joyful

Currently reading: Theology of the Body for Beginners, Theology of the Body for Teens, N or M?

Our advisor for Portland is in town this week for observations and to collect our work from this semester, so it's a bit of a busy week. I've had a lot of students absent this week for various reasons, which makes it harder for us to move forward as a class. The drama teacher asked me to be a character in the seventh grade drama production, so today during my prep period I'll be heading over to practice with them. They don't know that I'm coming and we both think it will be funny to see their reactions. For some reason, the drama teacher has decided that I can and should act, even though she has clearly never seen me do so. I think this could be very interesting.

The kids are still being difficult, and I have had to make some changes in discipline as a result. I don't like being the teacher who yells, so I've hated the last two weeks.

On two much brighter notes: I got a very quiet, very unofficial "ok" for the half marathon, so I am definitely going to be running it. Of course, this means that I have to get my butt in gear and step up the training, but it's still fantastic news. I'm not supposed to tell anyone about it right now, which I don't really understand, but since none of you are in my program, I don't think it can matter that much. So if you know anyone who can afford to sponsor me a few $, please point them in the direction of my donation page.

2nd bright note is that my brother John is getting married!

And on that note, I am off to school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as punishment make the kids run with you for the marathon...

that'll show em...