Saturday, September 13, 2008

Three weeks down...

Currently reading: Seeds of Hope, "The Ransom of Red Chief" and other highlights of seventh grade literature.

I am exhausted. I just thought I would throw that out there in acknowledgment that I crawled my way through Friday and into the weekend. It's been a long week of school, perhaps because it was our first full week since we started. I had my first official observation this week and the feedback I got was generally pretty positive, which was encouraging. Obviously there's still so much to learn and to work on, but it was still good to realize that I'm not completely hopeless. I also wasn't as incredibly nervous as I thought I should be, which was good. I feel like I'm finally settling in and this is what I'm supposed to do. It's definitely a good feeling.

My roommates and I stumbled across a House marathon on television last weekend and now we are hooked. We just rented half of season two and it's a pretty good show. We're a little like old people because we are all so tired at the end of the day. S, one of the roommates, and I have developed the habit of watching Fraser each night before we go to bed. It's definitely an old person thing to do. I never used to be a tv kind of gal, but I'm just tired at the end of the day and it's nice not to have to think.

I still wake up every now and then and wonder what I was thinking when I decided to move all the way out to Yakima to teach in a Catholic School. There are so many at home that I don't even know why I'm not there. But then I remember that this is where I'm pretty sure God wants me to be right now. It's just hard not to get really really homesick sometimes. I miss everyone, especially the Rutgers crowd. I think about you and pray for you all the time.

Please keep a friend of mine in your prayers...he's about to start something really important and service oriented. I miss you and pray for you always.

3 comments:

K.M. Camiolo said...

Rosie asked me somewhat wearily tonight, "is tomorrow a school day?"...that full day thing is rough on my poor Rosebud.

we miss you too...I do think God has you there for some real purpose (not just so you can say you've seen real tumbleweed!). Hang in there...

and p.s. House is awesome, in an early episode somewhere they mention NF as the weird possibility making someone mysteriously ill. I usually can't watch it now, my kids are omnipresent.

must sleep...but thinking of you...
peace,
k

Uflikto!
I have decided to use the secret words as expressions in everyday speech...this one is either a really bad word or the equivalent of "ta da!"

Anonymous said...

yesss...

thank goodness for the mindless activity of television...

saves people's lives in my opinion...

i always sorta wondered what people did before television to decompress...

and good-luck to your friend, hope all turns out well for him...

Elizabeth said...

hey,
the rutgers crowd misses you too. they ask about you all the time. and then i feel kind of bad because everytime you call we talk about here so then i don't know really what to say so i say something silly thing like, oh i think she likes it...she is really busy all the time though. :)
anyways, i can't wait for christmas. then we get to see you again. YAY
Elizabeth