Monday, September 29, 2008

Wake me up when September ends

Currently reading: Seeds of Hope, Educating for Life, The Twilight series

So the end of September is finally here. It's hard to believe that I've already been here for more than a month. I've been having pretty vivid dreams about going home for a few nights now, but alas and alak, that will have to wait until Christmas time. It's not that I don't like it here, but more just that I miss home. On Saturday K and I went to the Sunfair Parade downtown by the school. It was a pretty hysterical little piece of small town America. There were all sorts of Marching Bands and lots of trucks because we live in a farming community. Some of the floats were pretty classy. It was nice to get out for a little on a Saturday, even if our options here are really limited.

I have my kids writing a short story right now, and it's interesting to read so many different kinds of stories by so many different kinds of writers. It's also WAY too much writing to correct in a reasonable amount of time. I also had a kid out last week for the whole week, so we have a lot of work for him to catch up on. I only hope that he was able to get some of it done while he was gone.

The headaches are getting better thanks to Megan's idea about the Clariten. I'll try to post again soon, I know this is short. I have to leave for school soon.

I miss you and love you all so much.

2 comments:

K.M. Camiolo said...

only 87 days until Christmas, I think.

so there.
hang in there, we miss you too.

Andrew starts CCD for Confirmation tonight. Rosie is at ballet...Genna just got a picture of the Pope (JPII) from Grace at ShopRite..."look, he's praying!" she said, "he is Catholic"...just in case you forgot! : )

thinking of you,
peace,
and
NBIBKKF!

k

Anonymous said...

good, less head pain makes for better days...

i always wondered if teachers spent all their time correcting papers or if they just sorta skimmed over it...

i guess you'll be finding out which one they do soon enough, at least it's short stories and not like 20 page research papers like some college professors have to read...

glad you at least got out, and hometown america can be nice sometimes so i've been told 8 )