Monday, July 28, 2008

Sonnet

This is part of a larger project that I am working on. I'm not entirely happy with the octave...but it's a start.

His silence speaks the truth that in me grows,
the blessing given though the time had passed
for blessings. Years have travelled by so fast-
My heart stops hoping as my body slows.
He comes to me, his face with light now glows
and signs to me our son has come at last.
Elation blots out sorrow, no downcast
faces greet the news of late-blooming rose.

You've travelled long to meet this baby boy
a greeting from your lips, my dearest kin
the sweetest sound this heart has ever heard.
The babe within my body leaps for joy
God's work of man's salvation now begins
when son of silence meets the Living Word.

3 comments:

Sara said...

i really love reading your blog, emily anne xavier appert, my brilliant beauty. how's the third weekend in october for a visit? :)

Anonymous said...

is that a poem the chigens are gonna have to learn??

Anonymous said...

oh, heh...

guess I should have looked at the title huh??