Friday, June 27, 2008

Post Number Dos

Hello again. I promise this isn't going to become a trend, posting twice in one day, but this was originally going to be at the end of the last entry, but I erased the whole thing by accident. I still am getting used to the whole laptop keyboard thing. I took the link to this off my facebook because I don't want to get in trouble with my program for blogging about this, even though I'm not techinically breaking any rules.

It's been a busy but rewarding week. I'm taking nine graduate credits in six weeks, teaching summer school and putting together lesson plans for the fall, so I haven't been getting tons of sleep or anything like that. Classes start at 7:10 or 7:30 in the morning four days a week and then often go as late as 4:10. Then there's all the reading! But I love the classes and the people here and it's totally worth the lack of sleep and general anxiety.

It's been a week of firsts for me. I played Ultimate Frisbee for the first time, and for the two days after I thought I was going to die, I was so sore. I'm relatively useless at the game, but that's ok. Everyone was really nice about it. I also had my first beer, because Portland is famous for its micro-breweries. I have to admit, I still didn't like it, which is good, because it will make eating out a little cheaper. But at least I can say that I gave it a try.

Last night I got to go to a Death Cab for Cutie concert, sort of. They were playing an outdoor concert outside of Portland and we went to a restaurant that overlooked the field kind of, so we could hear almost everything. The sound was a little bit garbled, and we couldn't see them, but the music was great, and they're one of my favorite bands, so it was a good time. And there were a lot of people from the program who went, so it was just fun to spend a few hours hanging out and chatting after a LONG first week of classes. And the best part was that it was FREE. Well, except for some food, but I was starving.

I'll try to email the blog link to people, because I realize that if it's not somewhere, no one can find it :) (There's an observation for you!) I'm sorry for all the emails I owe people...I'm going to get to them this weekend, I promise!

3 comments:

Mike O. said...

you had a beer!

K.M. Camiolo said...

hey--
thinking of you...sorry I missed your call again, it was The Week Of Much and Constant Baseball.

I have pics of you taming R's hair, I'll send you a link.

must sleep, but glad things are going so well. Don't think I'll need to steal your ideas for next year...but would love to know what all you're learning for future reference!
peace,
k

Anonymous said...

you're turning into quite the party animal isn't ya?? 8 )

going to shows (in a sense) and drinking...

keep this up you're gonna be one of those teachers that the kids connect with cause you do the kinda stuff kids like to do...

minus the drinking, kids shouldn't do that, iz ee-lee-gal...