Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I love Portland!

So this week I decided to escape to Portland and fell in love with the city all over again. I have been here less than 24 hours, and already I am hooked. I am staying with Ruthann in a lovely house in Northeast Portland, which is painted in the most cheerful bright colors, with cool windows and hardwood floors. I am more than a little jealous when I think of my own tiny cinder block dormesque apartment back in Yakima.

Yesterday we had breakfast at the Tin Shed, which is one of my favorite Portland breakfast places. Another amazing thing about this city is that it is incredibly easy to eat gluten-free here. Every menu has tons of options and clearly states their ingredients. I am currently sitting in a little coffee shop waiting to meet my friend Elizabeth for lunch. I miss being able to meet up with people in the middle of the day to chat and catch up and find weird and delicious foods.

I went to Powells this morning and stayed within my 30 dollar budget, which I was more than a little proud of.

2011-2012 is going to be the year of adventures, I can just feel it. I've already been to San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, New Orleans...I am getting a traveling itch just in time to head back to the East Coast and visit family and friends. I'll try to post a few more of my travels as I make them.

1 comment:

Anne Appert said...

Isn't it odd how a city can make you feel that way? I just went to Boston with Megan and Elizabeth and I loved it. Maybe I wouldn't love to live there, but I loved being there.
All you need for your apartment is some big bright art! or lots of different sized art but still bright. That way, you hide the cinder blockness and see things you like to look at.
Can't wait to see you!