Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Resolutions

One of my resolutions this year was to write more. So far it's been a slow process, but between sporadic journaling, dusting off the books and revisiting the blogs, I'm doing my best to get on my writing feet again.

I was at a meeting last night of Catholic women sharing faith. By far the youngest at the event, I realized that part of the reason I struggle with making faith-filled friends is because we are so wary of really sharing our stories with one another. Last night I learned so much about myself from listening to two women answer a short series of questions about their own struggles and joys in faith. It made me think that there are so many stories out there, so many inspiring men and women who could teach us so much.

But these voices don't all have to have the wisdom that comes with age. I wish that my peers in their twenties would come and tell their stories too. What are your struggles with your faith? Where do you find joy? What is a scripture reading that inspires and guides your actions? What is a piece of wisdom you would share?

If you are reading this, please let me know your answer to at least one of these questions. I think you'd be surprised at how inspiring you really are. :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Emily! Glad you posted!

Something I'm anxious to share:

I find joy in the way that answered prayers can inspire.

Right now, Victoria, a cousin of my mom's, who had a traumatic brain injury in November (www.caringbridge.org/visit/victoriamoon), is waking up for the first time.

Yesterday, Victoria was able to have conversation with her husband for the first time.

The day before yesterday, a coworker of mine who has not prayed in years, thought it would be easier to pray for Victoria than to pray for herself, and so she felt she should. She has seen answers, and today she has decided to keep on praying.

I amazed at so many things God is doing in this story, and I'm filled with joy!

K.M. Camiolo said...

Jer. 29:11

sometimes it's hard to see...really, really hard to see. But knowing there is a future full of hope out there helps me through the really dark times.

I know I'm old for your call, but I do read here, and I have the same resolution to write this year... : )
peace,
k