Saturday, April 10, 2010

Back at long last

Many of you have asked why I stopped writing this blog, and my answer is simply that I don't really know. Maybe it was because I didn't think anyone was reading it, or maybe because I didn't think I had anything to say. Maybe I just ran out of the motivation to write. Whatever the reason, I am back, and I am excited to be back to describing the many adventures of life in the wild west.

This week was my first week back after spring break, which is an interesting and stressful time to be in a seventh grade classroom. Next week we will be running some standardized tests in the mornings and teaching "Family Life/ Sex Ed" in the afternoons, so it should be an interesting and adventurous week. I am also trying to put together a professional portfolio, which is due this Friday, so that should be interesting. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be.

I had an opportunity to go to the Washington coast two weekends ago, and while it became an epic journey due to some car trouble, it was a wonderful time to be away from a stressful living situation and just relaxing. I was there with a bunch of friends, and it was a very entertaining weekend from start to finish. We drove over White Pass, and about halfway through the drive there is a stunningly beautiful vista of Mt. Rainier. If I can figure out how to be tech savvy, I'll post some pictures. The coast was wet and grey and windy, but a gorgeous place to be. There were no schedules or plans, and it was refreshing to say the least.

I have been doing a bit more writing recently, and also just found out that one of my reflections will be published in a magazine this November. I haven't had anything published in a while, and I was thrilled to be back on the market again. It has given me some much needed motivation.

This isn't the most interesting post, but I'm rusty...will attempt something more creative later.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

YAY!!! You are back!!! :)

Crystal said...

I gotta get back to my blog too. I only posted like 4 times. Don't worry, I read your blog too, because I'm cool like that.

meagan said...

Good to hear from you again! :-)

K.M. Camiolo said...

glad you're back...I do keep checking! : )
peace...