Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm a Survivor

Well, I officially made it through my first entire year as a seventh grade teacher. And I'm mostly in one piece, I promise. To be honest, the horror stories I heard about the first year of teaching made this year seem not so bad. Yes, I did have some thoroughly obnoxious and malicious students who completely lost it towards the end of the year, but in general my first class was an amazingly kind and talented group of kids. I am excited for them to be the big kids in school next year because I am positive that they will be an amazing set of leaders and examples.

So much is going on right now that it's hard to know what to write. On Tuesday I will drive out of Yakima with all my stuff packed and never live in my current house again. Moving a kitchen is no fun at all. We are leaving all of our stuff in the garage and families from the school will come and help us move while we are studying in Portland this summer. Then we'll come up to visit sometime in July and move all our furniture into the new house. I'm really glad for the new house, because I feel like it gives us all a fresh start. I'll have three brand new amazing roommates and a wonderful new house and a new class of students next year.

All that being said, it is a long, stressful weekend, and tomorrow promises to be another long stressful day as we finish packing up the house and our classrooms. And then, early early on Wednesday morning, I will be on the East Coast!!!!!!!

And, I got my racing singlet for the half marathon at the end of the month. I am really excited for this thing, but also a little nervous. If can support me, please try. Thanks!
http://www.active.com/donate/nfseattle2009/EAppert

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I recently got done moving my stuff from collingswood to pitman, and the kitchen WAS the most annoying part of it.

I hope the new place is neat and I assume you'll be teaching the same position at the same school next year? So hopefully the new joint isn't too far away.

It's good that you'll be getting to come back to the east for a visit (even though I'm sure by the end of it you're going to feel like it wasn't long enough). Cause a change of scenery is good 8 )

It's good that you're a little nervous, when you're nervous your body is more prepared to exercise and stuff. It means you'll start off running in 2nd gear rather than neutral, don't get too nervous cause that puts unnecessary strain on your body. Go get em' tiger!

Elizabeth said...

Tooooomorrow, tomorrow, you'll be here tomorrow, it's only a day away!!!!!

:) I am very excited for you to be home :)

Elizabeth