Saturday, November 29, 2008

Give thanks...

So it's obvious that I've been having a hard time, but I'm going to try to concentrate on the positives for a bit. I know, you're breathing a sigh of relief that I'm finally snapping out of it.

I left my phone in Yakima by accident, so I have been cell-less since Wednesday. This is a surprisingly refreshing development, but I also didn't want anyone to worry about the fact that I responded to none of the calls or texts I've received in the last few days. I will do my best starting Sunday to get back in touch with humanity. I've been spending the holiday in Portland with Kristin and her family, and it's been a lot of fun. Of course, it's not being at home with my family, but hers is pretty cool too. It's fun to see where she gets so much of her personality from.

Last night we went to the Blazers game, which was a lot of fun. I've never been to professional basketball game before, and the Blazers are a fun team to watch. I'm on my way towards becoming a fan. It was me and Kristin and her sister and one other girl, and we had a good time. We did a little shopping yesterday too, which was good. I got some bargains. My entire wardrobe (all two pairs of jeans) is beginning to completely fall apart, which is no good at all. Also, looking like a grown-up every day is hard.

Kristin had a hair dying catastrophe yesterday, so she is getting it fixed right now and I'm getting some planning done. I have to write subplans for Friday and Monday, which could be an adventure. I've never done that before. I'll try to update soon.

Emily

1 comment:

K.M. Camiolo said...

You have been much in my thoughts...I made a cool cranberry cocoction for Thanksgiving, David was wildly enthused (which is something!), I'll have to send you the recipe for when you're having a cranberry moment.

Glad you got to be with someone who spells her name right (& the family who named her so nicely) for Thanksgiving. : )

My Black Friday shopping was a bust, I hit one disappointing store and then came home to do the rest of my shopping online. Any good ideas for Dad?

anyway, just thinking of you a lot...only 3 weeks, right? : )

peace,
KRISTIN with a K & 2 i's, of course.