Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back in the PDX

Currently reading: Life with Jeeves

So I'm back in Portland and I am pleased to inform the general public that I am currently registered to vote in the Yakima County August primaries. This is not only fantastic in the way that small town middle of nowhere politics are, but also because it means that I have officially become a resident of Washington State. I have the world's fakest temporary license and a registered car and car insurance too. It was quite a trip up to Yakima, which consisted of much driving around and many failed attempts at legally changing residency, but it eventually all worked out for the good. I have my car and I made it safely back to Portland, where I am currently staying with a friend for a week.

Nicholas just left for New Jersey again, and it was good to see him. We did some good Portland stuff, including hiking to a waterfall, Powells, and also went to Mass and dinner. It was really nice to see someone from home, but it was also hard not to get really homesick afterwards. I haven't talked to Dave yet, but I'm really hoping to be able to get together with him sometime while he's out here. I'll probably call him a little later today.

I think I'm going to just relax for a little today...it's been a stressful week. I'm a complete Olympics junkie, so I'm going to try to organize my life and teaching stuff a little bit today and hopefully plan out the first few weeks of Religion for the next year. I'm hoping to really get some things together for the beginning of school and just get the materials I'm going to need and write a welcome letter for the families. That's my goal for tomorrow...get the letter in the mail.

My first contract day is in a week and I am SO nervous!!!! I'll try to write some more soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no mater what happens...

at least we've still got the Olympics to keep us sane...

K.M. Camiolo said...

Did you SEE that swimming relay the other night??? Holy Cow! I was the only one awake here, I was jumping up & down...and the Opening Ceremonies...ok, I'm a junkie too...Rosie now wants to do platform diving...EEK!

Thinking of you so very much as you get ready to begin the great adventure of teaching...what an awesome thing...

What kind of car did you get?

better go be mom, but we are praying for you! : )