Sunday, June 14, 2015

Summer adventures part 1

So I just finished the school year with a wonderful visit from my sisters.  They came for the last two days of the year and we explored Yakima, Seattle, and San Juan Island. I really enjoyed getting to see parts of the state with them that I had never seen before.

In Seattle we stayed in South Lake Union, which had an awesome view of the Space Needle.   The first day we explored the city, and went to the Chiluly Garden and Glass.  It was one of the happiest, prettiest museums I have ever visited.  For dinner we had the best sushi I have ever had.  On Sunday we explored Pike Place and went on a distillery tour.  We also found a new favorite restaurant in Seattle and met my friend Kristin from PACE.  Then Willie had to go back home and go to work and the twins and I continued the adventure together.
Here is a picture of us at the Chilhuly Garden in Seattle, right under the Space Needle

From Seattle, Elizabeth, Anne and I head off to Anacortes to catch the ferry to San Juan Island. On the way there, we saw a pod of orcas! They were really far away, but it was super cool to see them in the wild.  On the island, we stayed in Friday harbor and spent a day and a half being tourists, tasting wine, eating ice cream, and seeing the parks and beaches.  Then we had to head to Sea-Tac so Anne and Elizabeth could head home.  It always makes the time fly when I get to spend it with family.

I think this summer will be full of adventures- we are heading the the beach for the 4th of July and then I am going to a teaching conference in Las Vegas. In August we are heading to NJ for my older sister's wedding.  Before I know it, school will be starting again.

No comments: